Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
poison ivy!!!! Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section

Posted by Tabbi1117 none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 7:20

First off let me apologize ahead of time if I posted this in the wrong section however I have been led to believe that poison ivy is a weed.
My question.....How do you get rid of it.
I tried a landscaper and that didn't work I told him I wanted it removed and for it to never come back, well it came back. When I was young I could run through it and play in it for hours (not that I did) and never got any kind of irritation from it. All of a sudden this summer I started weeding my flower bed and it turns out that this stuff and me are no longer friends. I had it so bad I was admitted to the hospital for a few days.
Unfortunately there was nothing in writing for the job that the landscaper did so I can't even prove that I hired him to remove it and he is refusing to come back and do the job right. I am tired of this stuff taking over the front of my house, it looks ugly and it's proven dangerous to myself.
I want it gone how do I got about doing so? I have been told just a high quality weed killer would to the trick is this true and if so what brand is recommended?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: poison ivy!!!! Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section

Even if all of the roots of some of these plants are removed, if there are seeds from another source around then you will get new growth. Careful removal of all of the roots can help keep this stuff under control, but if there is another plant someplace where birds can get the fruit and plop the seeds down into your garden you will have more plants growing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here