Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identify & Delete this weed!!

Posted by sld_sandy z7 TN (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 26, 11 at 9:58

Please identify and how to rid my flower beds of this weed.
Help would greatly be appreciated.

Image link: Identify & Delete this weed!! (37 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identify & Delete this weed!!

Do the leaves resemble any of the trees? Looks like some kind of baby tree, maybe mulberry but pic is too small to know for sure. Pull them out as soon as you see them.

o

Thank you for replying. No, the leaves do not resemble any trees around. I pull them up, but, they come back faster than I can keep up with the growth of the new ones. I also try to get as much of the root as possible. I've been using Round Up, but, I cannot get too close to the other plants with that method..

o

The leaves of immature mulberries are, IME, different than those on the mature trees. Could you get a closer shot of it? Are the roots bright yellow? Are the plants sort of woody?

o

I have identified the weed to be the Mulberry Weed, Fatoua.
Now to find out how to eradicate it!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here