Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hhanse57_gw

Orange road lilies, bindweed & poison ivy, OH MY!

hhanse57
9 years ago

Hi! I'm in IL and hope someone can give me some advice. In front of our home there are 2 very LARGE beds of orange lilies which use to look beautiful when they bloomed. There are so many of them that I've been able to dig tons up and transplant to other places. But the last few years bindweed moved in and has taken over so bad that the lilies are covered. This morning I spent an hour ripping the vines off the lilies. Of course after I got done I came inside and after reading found out you're not suppose to pull them out by the roots or they grow stronger. Also in the same area I found poison ivy growing so I will probably be broken out in a few days. Sigh... Anyway, it is impossible to get to all of these vining plants since the lily beds are so thick. I don't want to spray Round up cause I love the lilies. I can't do much this year but next spring before everything starts growing, would scattering Preen Weed Killer prevent the bindweed from coming up but not hurt the lilies? Thank you!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville