Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rant: oxalis is out of control!

Posted by Pam_WhitbyON 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 05 at 14:54

Finally something I hate MORE than mosquitos. I cannot believe how prolific this pretty little weed is in my garden this year. It's really getting me down! Seems to pop up overnight and for the most part, it's easy to pull out but the SHEER QUANTITY is overwhelming.

I need to scream.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH HATE THOSE NASTY LITTLE ******S!!!!!!!!

Ohh. That feels better!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rant: oxalis is out of control!

llet me see if i can give you some help or at least some encouragement as i was in your situation last spring...i live in fl. and have st. augustine grass: oxalis occupied probably 75% of 1000 sq. ft. of my backyard...i pulled all visible weeds knowing that some roots were left behind as well as the seeds...this at least gave the grass room to start spreading...sprayed a pre-emergent(at this point, i had already pulled the emerged oxalis)...i did have to solarize about 200 sq.ft. and plug as there was no grass at all in that spot...this was very time consuming...my yard looks the best it has ever looked...be sure and check the herbicide for use on your particular grass type if you should use one...good luck...bz

o
RE: rant: oxalis is out of control!

thanks so much, bz! yes, time for me to take an intellectual approach to the problem :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here