Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slavetotheslope

Groundsel is ruining my life!

SlaveToTheSlope
9 years ago

Thanks. I need help desperately! We planted over 400 kinnickinick on a slope out front in 2010 -- mistake No. 1! Each spring and summer I have been weeding the heck out of the slope for hours each month. Well, just when the kinnickinicks were doing well and I thought I had the weeds under control, the winter damaged a large number of the kinnickinicks and now they are dead. Not to mention last summer we had a root weevil attack a lot of the plants and other plants in my yard. They sprayed -- 160 bucks later.
So now this year it is so bad I am at my wit's end. Bare spots of dead kinnickicks and all throughout the slope (it's huge) are these annoying weeds which I finally realized today after five hours on the slope weeding that it was worse than the four hour weeding 16 days ago. I'm 99 percent certain the noxious weed is senecio vulgaris (groundsel). The slope is being invaded by it! I need help. Please! I can't sleep and I'm in tears over being a slave to the slope! Thanks for ANY advice!! Anyone want to buy a house? Yes, I want out of here cuz of that slope!

Comments (3)