Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unknown plant with suction cups?

Posted by Gawen Oregon (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 11 at 19:14

I noticed this plant in my potted plant garden a fews days ago. I see that it is now in two of my pots; one in my oriental lily and one in a small tree that I think a squirrel planted. Each of these plants has six leaves which are somewhat heart shaped, have wavy edges, a coarse hair that lays flat against the leaves, and circles in the middle of most leaves which are upraised and empty... they really look like suction cups! No type of stem or flower has emerged, and plants lay almost perfectly against the dirt. Does anyone have any idea what these things are?

Image link: Unknown plant with suction cups? (34 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unknown plant with suction cups?

Liverwort. Better start removing it now!

o
RE: Unknown plant with suction cups?

Sure enough. After reading more on it, I've decided I don't want to continue my relationship with Liverwort :) Thanks for the advice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here