Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Need id on two weeds, please

aliska12000
14 years ago

I haven't been to this forum that I can remember but a regular poster on GW.

The first weed popped up within the last three years, very invasive, spreads by runners, got rid of the worst of it in the lawn with one app of weed 'n feed followed up by 24D a couple weeks later. Long way before I'm rid of it. Impossible to pull it all out. Roundup is next and more 24D perhaps where it isn't safe to use roundup except by painting it on. Only in the back part of the back yard and behind the garage and gravel driveway so far. And those leaves will sometimes double in size. Doesn't seem to want to climb but will take over.

{{gwi:1349864}}

This second one I've battled in the 40 years I've lived here, again very invasive and spreads by runners and possibly seed. I'm on top of it mostly, but it keeps cropping up here and there, pull it whenever I see it.

It grows on the north, east and west sides of my house, never the south yet, covered the neighbor's garage and roof a few years back, we pulled all that was climbing the back of my garage and house a couple years back when it was painted, doubt I'll ever be completely rid of the stuff. The things that climb stick like glue, and the only way to get the remnant of them off is stiff brush or picking, none climbing anywhere now. Neighbor took care of his.

I'm positive it isn't poison ivy and asked for an id a few years back on a usenet forum. Nobody knew what it was.

{{gwi:1349865}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus