Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sperated weed within home grown parsley

Posted by zillah2004 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 22:14

Dear Experts

I have read the below thread

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/weeds/msg0712304610176.html

But my issue that I have got weed separated between parsley in my garden as in the snapshots below :

http://i40.tinypic.com/qporcx.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ivy836.jpg

How can I get rid of the weed ? because it won't be an easy way to pull out by hand

Regards

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sperated weed within home grown parsley

It won't be easy, but it's the only way. Work slowly and you should be okay.

o

It might pay to harvest the parsley, dry it, then wipe out the entire bed and worry about replanting the parsley next year. If you do the newspaper thing, chop everything off and put about a year's worth down to prevent regrowth. Whatever, don't let anything go to flower and seed.

Even if you manage to control the weed and let parsley regrow next year it will spend most of its time going to flower vs. the foliage that you seek for eating.

What a mess. Kind of looks like chickweed foliage? Whatever it is, again, don't let it go to flower and seed!

hortster

o

You have goosegrass/cleavers (Galium aparine) and Chickweed (Stellaria media) in with your parsley. Get yourself a cushion and sit by the bed if you are not keen on kneeling or squatting. Using a small hand weeding fork and your hands and you could clear that bed up in 20 minutes or so. It isn't difficult but it will be a bit fiddly. It will be highly satisfying when you have finished to see your parsley seedlings standing out against the clear earth. You will get a good supply of greens for the compost heap. If you have a rabbit or guinea pig they would love them too. Weeding is an integral part of gardening and needs doing on a little and often basis. Next time you sow parsley pull any weed seedlings as soon as you see them.

To put a photo into a post copy and paste the HTML code from your hosting site. It makes it easier for your readers than copying and pasting a link.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here