Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to get rid of these weeds ?

Posted by TkNeo (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 23:24

i have a ton of these. (pls copy paste the link below in your browser)
http://postimg.org/image/69eqxqqx3/

Seems like this second one (picture below) is creeping bellflower as i had it elsewhere in my yard. the tree is where the neighbor's yard starts and as you can see it has so many weeds. so, will trying to get rid of these will be a losing battle ?

How do i get rid of these ? Its my first year being an owner of a yard and i simply hate weeds.

Thank you so much in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to get rid of these weeds ?

I'd just get a garden fork and start digging. The area in the picture would take about 10 minutes. Good exercise and no poisons involved. Remove all the roots of things you don't want. Then you'll need to fill the space, either with desirable plants or mulch or both. If you don't the weeds will be back. Once you've done a thorough work through little and often will keep on top of the weeds.

o

Mow, dig, cover with a mulch.

o

In the undisplayed pic, there are plantains, Plantago.

If a large area has no desirable plants, you can smother them if you're willing to wait to use that space until next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here