Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a kill all solution for these weeds

Posted by NOLADAD New Orleans, La (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 10:35

Morning everyone. I just finished tackling a chinch bug problem. Now I'm moving on to the weed killing stage. I'm looking to see if they have a all-in-one solution for the weeds in my yard. Any help is appreciated ! Photos are attached in hopes that you can identify them for me

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a kill all solution for these weeds

Weed #2

o

Weed #3

o
RE: Looking for a kill all solution for these weeds..

Weed#4

o
RE: Looking for a kill all solution for these weeds....

Weed#5

o

#2 and #5 are spurge.

o

Do you want to kill the lawn too?

Hard to kill weed # 3 without killing the grass.

o

# 4 is Dollar weed. Caused by too much water. Very hard to kill by spraying and almost impossible to hand weed. It breaks off and regrows.

o

I can't even see any lawn...it's ALL weeds. Best thing to do is probably get rid of the whole lot and resod. For this, your options are to: use a herbicide, dig it up and sift out the roots, or cover with plastic and let the sun kill it.

o

Half of my yard looks like this. Gonna be a pain in the butt. Thanks for the input guys

o

Most all "weed" growth in lawns can be traced to poor soil conditions that do not allow good, healthy turf grass growth, so start with a good reliable soil test which the Louisiana State University Cooperative Extension Service does for a fairly nominal fee. Soil pH and major nutrients in balance can be a major help in growing a good healthy lawn that will aid in stopping unwanted plant growth. Other things that can help would be proper mowing and proper watering of the lawn.

Here is a link that might be useful: LSU CES

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here