Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thomaskuhn

Weed Identification please

thomaskuhn
12 years ago

I have a few weeds that I am interested in learning more about.

I have been battling a particular weed in my garden every summer. This thing pops up everywhere, but mainly it grows inside of other hedges and bushes. It likes to grow all the way through the top (3'-4')of a hedge and then spread its leaves. It has a square stalk and is pretty easy to pull out, but I would love to find a better way to battle it. Here are the photos of the first weed:

{{gwi:313694}}

{{gwi:313695}}

{{gwi:313696}}

This Second weed is one that I always see growing in little clumps around the pool, usually from a crack. It just so happens that it also like s to grow on the shady side of the house, in a sandy bed. It is growing in larger clumps when left alone. It has very tiny, succulent type leaves. I am sure it is a weed, but it is kind of cute.

{{gwi:313727}}

{{gwi:313728}}

{{gwi:313729}}

The third weed is really starting to take over in the warm summer months. It is some type of grass, but pretty fragile and seems to get bruised when being stepped on. In the second photo you might be able to see where it is starting to take over some weakened St. Augustine. Any ideas on what this is?

{{gwi:313751}}

{{gwi:313752}}