Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help identifying this wild plant

Posted by kokoliko zone 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 8, 09 at 14:24

Hi All,

We recently completed a major landscaping project and I'm getting ready to lay out new sprinklers and grass. However, after our landscaping project, these wild plants started sprouting up all over our front yard.

They grow at a fast rate. I've seen these grow from less than 1 foot to 4 foot high in a matter of weeks. In fact, one of these plants I noticed it grow from 4 feet to 6 feet high in less than 2 weeks.

I pull them out and more grow somewhere else. I'm attaching a picture of one of these plants 5 feet high. Can someone identify what this wild plant is??

Thank you,

Koko

Image link: Need help identifying this wild plant (50 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help identifying this wild plant

Looks like Nicotiana glauca.

o

I would appreciate help identifying this plant with dark, heart-shaped leaves that I photographed in a swamp in eastern NY State (Putnam County). Thanks!

o

DonTurner, sorry I don't know your plant. More eyes will see it if you start a new discussion for this ID request, either here or in "name that plant" forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here