Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sticker weeds

Posted by persimmon Oklahma (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 22, 06 at 15:53

I hate stickers! This one is in my yard and field. It looks like grass with slender blades that blend in well. In the early stages is stays pretty close to the ground. When the seeds start to ripen they lift their heads high and cling to anything that passes by. They seem to like the moist areas with sun best. What is it and how do I eradicate it. My yard and field is Bermuda and prairie grass. (one mans weed is another mans yard.) Picture attached.

Image link: sticker weeds (57 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sticker weeds

Looks like you have what we used to call "sand burs", Cenchrus tribuloides. I remember stepping on them with bare feet as a child...

Please see the link below for some control tips.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Sand Bur control

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here