Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When is the best time to use roundup on Bindweed?

Posted by Fledgeling_ 4b SD (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 05 at 17:39

Thanks. i want to kill this stuff so bad since some NUMBSKULL tilled the garden this year without killing this weed and now the root peices have sprouted. What is the time when weedkiller is most effective on this plant? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When is the best time to use roundup on Bindweed?

Round Up works on green parts when they are actively growing, so now is fine. Bindweed is very difficult to kill, it may take several applications.

o

• Posted by JAYK 8b (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 11, 05 at 22:49

If you choose Roundup, it will likely work best from the flowering stage through seed production stage.

o

I've had best luck when I applied it to the new foliage that emerged after cutting it all the way back to the ground. Young foliage hasn't had time to develop a waxy cuticle. Spray in the early morning, as opposed to the hottest part of the day.

o

Bumping. I have finally broken down and decided to use symthetic pesticides to get rid of my bindweed, if that is what it takes.

So it will kill the vines if I paint it onto the leaves?

I get bindweed in amongst my roses, this is safe to use as long as I'm very careful not to get it on any rose foliage, right?

Thanks,
Kristin

o

Again, apply to the newly emerging leaves before they mature. It can be used in that manner amongst your roses.

Be SURE to wear protective disposable gloves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here