Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sedge in lawn - cause and cure???

Posted by bluesgardens MA zone 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 8, 06 at 20:36

For the first time we have numerous patches of sedge on one side of the house. Could it have been brought here by the lawn mowing service? Wet and hot weather?? What is the best way to deal with it this year -- handweeding (which I have started to do) or weed killer? Pre-emergent heribicide was applied in the spring. Any help is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sedge in lawn - cause and cure???

I discovered sedge this year also. Have been digging it out piece by piece--then take it to the dumpster. Hubby thinks we got it from some straw bales we brought in for Halloween decorating.
k

o
RE: sedge in lawn - cause and cure???

VA Tech has a publication that might be helpful. Look about 2/3 down the page for "Control of sedges and grass-like plants."

Here is a link that might be useful: Lawn management

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here