Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheesecake983

My neighbor's bindweed *ACK!*

cheesecake983
12 years ago

So, my neighbor has a VERY healthy patch of bindweed growing in his backyard, behind his garage, where his property butts up to mine. It is starting to "visit" my yard. I would ask my neighbor for permission to start killing it with the Round-Up-in-a-container method (which has worked on the other side of my yard where my other neighbor and I are battling a much smaller patch), but, he has moved out.

He was renting to help his buddy pay the mortgage on the house and now that he's gone, the owner is going to Short Sale it. If you aren't familiar with real estate at the moment, that means the house will most likely sit empty for a long time (especially since it's a pretty yucky house). This also means the yard won't be tended and there's no one to ask permission of.

So, my question to you is, would it be appropriate to go after the bindweed anyway? My pre-made container (from the other side of the lawn) are clearly labeled, so it's not as if someone would not know what it is. Plus, this is the one part of my yard that is fence-less (previous owner didn't put a fence in behind her shed where she wouldn't see it... weird!), so I wouldn't have to be trooping through the other yard frequently to keep an eye on it.

What do you think? I can't stand the thought of this invading my yard and I can tell by the number and thickness of the existing vines that it is very well established already (meaning a long fight ahead!)

Thanks for your advice!!

- Rachel

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting