Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heavy equipment

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 16:15

"I think I need to bulldoze this and start over..." Sure people talk about it, but how often do you see it in action? Burned-out shell of a house is being demolished today, with accompanying weed patch in the back yard, in its' 3rd year of not being mowed... More pics later...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heavy equipment

Yesterday morning, time for this burned-out shell of a former house to GO.

Big yellow thing knocked it down, and put it, scoop by scoop, into the big truck.

Including the sad remnants of an old shed on the other side of the fence.

This morning, the tractor mower came to clear away the rest of the overgrowth in the back. I asked them to please leave the fig tree there and they did. It makes shade on our dog house and we just got a chain saw, so DH will clean up the bottom a bit so it looks more presentable.

Obviously this isn't killing anything, but it will be able to stay mowed now. No more living next to wild wilderness weeds! Should help with the mosquito problem too.

Hope this helps with those fantasies that folks sometimes have about getting rid of a bit patch of weeds... what would it be like if...? It sure was cool to watch!

o

Well that's pretty decisive gardening. Reminds me of one of my favourite double entendre signs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sign

o

Yeah, none of it was my decision, it just happened close enough to watch. Great free entertainment! I forgot to say above how satisfying it was to watch the big yellow thing pull up giant privets around the back like picking daisies. (Sorry, no offense, they're not as great here as there, as I'm sure you know.) Unfortunately azaleas and Gardenias went the same way, but that's just how it goes for this kind of situation. (I'd already snagged what I could that I wanted over there, this was expected, just not known what day it would happen.)

Love that sign, I snagged a copy! So, in lieu of the heavy work of clicking...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here