Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yucky Weed in my front yard

Posted by Christina_154 NC (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 15:22

I really need to know what this is?? Has anyone ever seen it before? If so how do I kill it??? It came up a few months ago but was only one shoot, this time it came up and there were two.....it looks disgusting and it concerns me because of my kids and my dogs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yucky Weed in my front yard

It's a stinkhorn fungus. They smell bad.

Here is a link that might be useful: stinkhorn fungus

o
RE: Yucky Weed in my front yard

But they are not harmful to your kids, dogs, you, your plants, or anything else. Stinkhorns are an important part of a natural recycling system.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here