Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weeds in St Augustine

Posted by gavrax 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 11 at 23:21

I have all my sidewalk lawn full with this weed.
I started to pull them out by hand but how can I keep them from coming back?

Image link: Weeds in St Augustine (43 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weeds in St Augustine

looks like Phyllanthus.

o
RE: Weeds in St Augustine

If you keep pulling them, you will win the war. Each one of those little balls has seeds, which you want to remove before they fall on the ground and grow new plants. Once you have pulled the existing plants, and the seeds that previously fell have sprouted and been pulled, that should be the end of them (excluding new seeds that the wind may blow in, or that are dropped by birds.) They are easier to pull after a rain. Grab the stem as close to the soil as possible and pull gently, so the roots come out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here