Return to the Weeds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dichondra problem

Posted by kayla08 Calif. (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 2:49

I have a large backyard, and have been having an increasing problem for several years now with unwanted dichondra. I weed it out before it ever gets more than 4 leaves. I've never let one plant go to seed. But after the last rains we had in the last week, my yard is thick with new dichondra plants. They are all new sprouts which just have the first 2 leaves, and weren't there 10 days ago. No yards have dichondra lawns anywhere around me, and I'm stumped as to why it's growing as if it was planted intentionally--very thick, enough to grow a lawn! There are patches that are so dense they look intentionally planted! Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dichondra problem

Perhaps different kind of seedlings. Any chance of posting pictures?

o

Hi jean, I tried to post 2 pics, but have NO clue as to how. Is there a tutorial somewhere on this site?
I know nothing about photobucket. But it's definitely dichondra, and is coming in so thick, it HAD to have been planted! I have a malicious neighbor who uses roundup regularly in my yard, and I think he is the dichondra planter! Any chance of copying and pasting pics?

o

pic didn't work out, but it's dichondra, and growing in very densely.

This post was edited by kayla08 on Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 0:51

o

Hit the link.

tj

Here is a link that might be useful: Post-a-pic

o

GardenWeb has a link to load directly from your computer. It's at the left, just above the posts

But big problem -- it circles back to this Forum's page

o

To upload a pic from your computer, just click the browse button to select it.

o

Aha, just as purple says.

Open "post a followup"
Look at the first line -- the one above your user name. You'll see a text box, with an active "browse" at the end of the line.
Click Browse, then go to the image on your computer.

--
Explained in another response at http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/photo/msg0215473631213.html?16 -- it's the response on Dec 21, 2012 (right now,it's the final post there)

Here is a link that might be useful: how to load an image from your computer.

o

hahaha! And here I am wanting to establish dichondra instead of my water and mowing intensive lawn! Wish I could come dig yours up and take it to my house!

o

I have the opposite problem, I want dichondra and flea beetles kill it completely every summer. Dichondras tough. You might have to use a broadleaf weed spray a few times to get rid of it all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Weeds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here