Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skunk Babies

Posted by John_D USDA 8b WA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 05 at 23:34

No the best picture (I need to clean my glass door to cut the glare, and not all of them (I'm tired of reducing photos to where they're small enough to post, so I just crop them).

You can tell the size of the babies by comparing them to the size of the flower pot.

Image link: Skunk Babies (56 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skunk Babies

• Posted by htown North Houston (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 22, 05 at 15:17

Cool! I sort of like seeing skunks. I have only been fortunate enough to see a pair of them once in my yard and it was very memorable. I was not sprayed or anything I kept my distance and observed them. They have an exotic appearance to me.

o
RE: Skunk Babies

• Posted by John_D USDA 8b WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 22, 05 at 17:57

I saw three skunk babies and four raccoon kits playing on my deck last night,while their parents looked on. (No one got sprayed.)

o
skunks eat bees

I was trimming my large shrubs but was quickly roused out when attacked by angry wasps. Next few days, walking my Yorkie at 5 am, there was a rustling in the beehive, just one foot or so from the ground and a white tail visible. Checking later in the day, I noticed that half the hive was gone. And two days later, nothing remained. Well, I guess the skunk likes to eat the wasps when they're asleep. I do know they eat grubs in the lawn at night. Quite convenient for me as now I was able to finish my trimming without threat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here