Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynne_melb

River Otters

lynne_melb
19 years ago

Hi, I was very surprised this morning to see 2 adult river otters (4 feet long) running (don't know if I can call it running, but they were moving extremely fast) through the back of my back yard. The river is over a mile away, separated by a highway. There are some small ponds in the subdivision. So not sure why they are here.Something must have scared them since they were moving so fast.

Luckily my terriers didn't spot them. Of course, the otters are three times the size of them.

This reminds me of the time many years ago that my mother was gardening in her yard in a subdivision in another part of our county. She was down on her knees weeding and was startled by river otters going through her yard. She told her children that she saw "seals with legs" going through her yard. My brother lives in the same neighborhood and my sisters live in the same county. My brother and sisters feared that she was getting a dementia. Luckily for her, I searched on the web and found out that she had river otters also. It's a favorite family story.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting