Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetpea_path

What critter would do this???

sweetpea_path
15 years ago

I wish I could post a picture for all of you, but the damage is up on the metal roof...

Last evening there was a terrible clatter up there, as if something fell on the roof. We live in a rural area and on that side of the house there is one particular pine tree that overhangs the roof a bit. Maybe a branch had snapped, fallen on the roof and then clattered to the ground. No way to check on what happened in the pitch black so I made a mental note to check on it this morning. Well, lo and behold it appears that a two foot long section of metal screen - you know, the kind that fits on top of your gutters to keep leafage, etc., out - had been RIPPED backwards, leaving an exposed gutter section. The screen is sort of half dangling up there and it's all bent & dented. No wonder there was such a racket!!

The only critter I can think of that would do this is a pesky RACCOON. Do you all agree? And what do you think he might have been looking for? That screening material is bolted down on both sides with screws - is a raccoon really strong enough to rip that up?

Thanks so much in advance for your comments,

Sweetpea

Comments (3)