Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Squirrel proof feeders (Yankee Flipper vs. Squirrel Buster)

Posted by branski 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 3, 06 at 16:42

I'm trying to decide between the Droll Yankee Flipper and the Brome Squirrel Buster. Anybody have either of these?

I like the fact the Brome can be washed in the dish washer and would probably keep the seed dryer than the Droll. But, the Droll sure does seem like it would be entertaining.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Squirrel proof feeders (Yankee Flipper vs. Squirrel Buster)

I have the Yankee Flipper, but it has not been as entertaining as I thought. The squirrels quickley caught on and left it alone! I guess I had hoped to see them flying through the air more.

gayla in Mississippi

o

I hang my feeders with fishing line or very thin wire, far enough from the branch so that the squirrels can't reach down to the feeder. It must be too labor intensive because I never see them even attempt to raid the feeders. They just wait for the birds to drop stuff down to them on the ground.

o

I'm with rudy. I'll go one step further. Buy one of those green "cornholders" at Lowe's. They sell corn "ears" of compressed corn that's like 10 in one. THey also sell a little cage with hunds of seeds and raisns stuck togther, my squirrells share it with woodpeckers and other birds....it hands from a tree on a chain they can all use. It keeps them very busy and off your feeders. And your squirrells will have nice healthy coats! Everybody wins.

o

LOL msrpaul!!-- I gave up trying to "outsmart" those squirrels, too!! I bought one of the little cedar boxes to fill with corn and peanuts. Keeps the squirrels busy for hours,,, but oh boy am I in trouble if I forget to fill the dang thing,,,,,,,,,, it's like "hello..the box is empty and now I'm off to the birdfeeders"!! I love it when they sit outside and peek in thru the screen door trying to see where I am...

o

The Squirrel Buster Bird Feeder is a better buy for the money with no battery necessary but they both have their advantages. They are both large capacity. The Squirrel Buster has a removable cardinal ring and it is dishwasher safe. You can find the video on the Squirrel Buster at the link below. Also the Droll Yankee Flipper video is on the backyard bird watcher site as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Squirrel Buster Video

o

Has anybody found it cheaper than here ?

Here is a link that might be useful: bird feeder squirrel buster

o

It is going to cost you around $85-$90 no matter where you go
nice feeder though, we have had ours for just over a year and not a single seed has been eaten by squirrels

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here