Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3. Landscape help. Backyard

Posted by chriswanderer90 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 19:35

Hi:

Last one lol.
20mi NW of Philly (zone 7?)

My house has its own private sewage and gas tank, as you can see the green lids on the ground.

Instead of having grass there, I was thinking about paving rocks around it, with native plants around it. But it'd have to be wide enough for the workers to come every several months to remove sewage..

Anyone have more creative ideas?

Thanks!
Chris Chung

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3. Landscape help. Backyard

My dear friend has this exact set-up. When I landscaped around it to camouflage it, I cut a bed around all the caps.I did smallish evergreens (topiary, spiral arbs & standards) on the ends & grasses & perennials between the caps in the middle. The point was to have some "hindsight", if it ever had to be dug up, the perennials & grasses are easily removed or replaced. Then on top of the caps, I put a wishing well & a couple wooden chairs with the seats planted. it totally takes your eye away from an eyesore. For the most part you don't even know what's there. hope this helps.
I just went back & looked at your pic. yours looks to be situated pretty close to the patio.What you could do is incorporate it with the existing bed on the right & throw a bench in there to have another small seating area. That's a nice setting, BTW.

o

Dee67: Thank you. I think it would be nice to extend the garden bed towards it, and include a path.

o

You got it! I see a complete wildlife walk through garden in your future.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here