Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cedar Waxwings

Posted by gardeningmusician 5MI (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 9:41

When I went outside this morning, I heard their high-pitched whistling before I saw them. A few minutes' observation revealed at least twenty cedar waxwings feasting on remaining crabapples and viburnum trilobum berries. While I watched, several waxwings sipped from the birdbath; others were silhouetted high in our maple and birch trees while their friends feasted. When I came home several hours later, the cedar waxwings were gone, and the crabapples and viburnums were plucked almost completely bare of fruit.

We do not regularly have cedar waxwings on our property; it really made my day to "host" these handsome birds this morning.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cedar Waxwings

I don't know why this showed up a second time. I posted using my Nook reader and must have done sonething incorrectly--sorry about that!

o
RE: Cedar Waxwings

Howdy neighbor. I'm North of Muskegon over here on the "West Coast" LOL I Haven't seen any Waxwings yet but i will be watching for them now!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here