Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this deer droppings?

Posted by sarahbn z6Pa. (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 2, 06 at 10:42

I have a question last month I noticed alot of damage on several plants in my yard and I went to take a picture to post on the conifer forum. Anyway I came upon this

I have only seen this once before in my yard since I'm in a fairly urban area. and I knew it was deer since I saw them all winter and spring. I haven't seen them in my yard this year at all. Or could it be squirrel groundhog rabbit or chipmunk droppings I have all of them too however I haven't seen thegroundhog for over a year. Thanks. Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this deer droppings?

Not being able to tell the size, it's either deer or rabbit.

o

Sarah! Where have you been girl? I was wondering what happened to you...I'm glad you haven't left us...

Terry

o

I think it was the size of rabbits but the last time I saw a pile like that it was deer. Do rabbits leave it out in the open like the deer do?

Terry How are you? I've been over at the new hummingbird forum and feathered friends forum.

o

I'm good Sarah, really good! So glad to be home in IL! What new hummingbird and feathered friends forum? You mean here? Or elsewhere?

o

No Terry not here. I followed the other birders. E-mail me and I will tell you. I miss you guys here So I pop in every so often. Glad your happy back home.

o

You've got mail Sarah.......

o

Never seen a pile with that many droppings from a rabbit. And deer's are surprisingly small for the size of the animal!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here