Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtgirl_wt

bracing for tonight....more supercells

dirtgirl
17 years ago

I can think of nowhere else I'd rather be living than here in my woods....that is, until I hear the BEEEEEEP on the radio or see that dreaded red scroll once again winding its way across the top of the TV screen. Then I am looking out at my yard and realizing that I live in the midst of a thicket of pointy wooden skewers.

We are probably dead smack in the middle of a very bad time come late afternoon and evening, as the weather service is saying that this latest bunch of storms is developing into an extremely dangerous situation, with hail up to four inches and tornadoes a possibility. Our county was just declared a disaster area due to the destruction from the last go-'round from a week ago, and I am aware that we have been dodging a VERY large bullet here in the woods. A neighbor's barn just a mile due north of here was cut cleanly in two and roofs everywhere were peeled back. A two-story barn built back in the 30's was shoved off its foundation to the west of us and yet we only had a lot of smaller branches down.

I am getting my things laid out now--the flashlight, a poncho, a bottle of water, the pet carrier for the cat and leash for the dog.

If I started digging now I might have a hole to cower in by tonight....

good luck to those of us in the storm area, and I'll be thinking of you especially, Cathy, next door in Indiana.

Please be careful eveybody.

And I promise to stay off my bike this time.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area