Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's supposed to freeze tonight!

Posted by CatherineT z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 22, 05 at 22:22

Hi all,
After winter lasting 4 years this year, spring had finally sprung. All the wildflowers, early perennials, trees, bushes, etc. are blooming/sprouting. Now, it's supposed to be 30 degrees tonight!! I sure hope it doesn't freeze everything. What a bummer! Then Saturday night, we're supposed to get 2" of snow!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's supposed to freeze tonight!

I couldn't agree more. This winter has been just endless, it seems. I thought it was just me! I went out earlier this afternoon to Lowe's, and they were bringing plants in because it was already so cold at 1 pm, with wind, rain, and snow. I'm in central Ohio -- where are you located?

o

Hi ak'smom,
I'm in central Indiana. It's been 36 most of the day, so you know it's going to get alot worse tonight! What a bummer!

o

I think most of the natives can handle it - it's the tender perennials and the annuals that might kick the bucket. The snow may actually insulate things somewhat. We've been dipping into the 30s regularly, but not low enough to freeze (SE PA).

o

same here, 30 predicted for tonight. we put all of the wave petunias in the shed, hanging baskets in the shed. brought the mandevillas into the kitchen for the night. sure hope the perennials we planted last weekend make it okay. some of them are blooming right now and are just beautiful!

o

• Posted by John_D USDA 8b WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 23, 05 at 23:48

Weird weather for sure. We are far north of you, and we hit 70 today and are supposed to drop to 50 tonight,
The juncos have left two weeks early and the pine siskins are getting ready to head for their woodsy nests.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here