Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
starfyre

Help identifying these plants (pics)

starfyre
17 years ago

Ignore the dates on the pics I forgot how to change it on the camera - they were taken about five minutes ago!

I found this growing on the new property we're building on. Not sure how it survived the heavy equipment thats been driving around there the last few days but I dug it up and potted it to save it from being squished. It has a tuber type root. I was thinking it could be solomons seal??? I think it came in on the top soil we had dumped on the property for us last fall. We also had a bunch of dutch hyacinth and bluebells come in with the soil so someones bulb garden must've been sacrificed for our new yard!

{{gwi:1346991}}

{{gwi:1346992}}

And then this showed up among my lavender this year. It could possibly be hyssop? It has a lemony smell.

{{gwi:1346993}}

I also have some weird stuff on my lavender - possibly eggs maybe. It basically looks like someone spit on the plant but it is circled around the stem of the plant instead of being a blob, there's 3 different areas that have it on the stem and if its eggs I'll leave it a lone, but if its a sign of some bug that will hurt the lavender I'd like to get an idea of what I should be looking for...

Thanks everyone - your help is appreciated!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals