Fri, May 30, 14 at 17:17

My girlfriend was not amused.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a curious visitor

• Posted by ggopal Chicago, IL z5 (My Page) on
    Sat, May 31, 14 at 13:28

Very Cool!
Your GF is not alone in her dislike/fear of reptiles. They have always gotten a bad rap in most societies. Even in India (where I am originally from) where most animals are worshiped as Gods themselves or as vehicles for Gods, snakes are killed just because they come close to where people live when in fact it is the other way round.
I would love to have them in our yard - will keep the rodents in check!
Thanks for posting
Shyamala

o

Another friend told me that when she was small, her parents came out to find her playing with a large cobra in the back yard. We have much fewer and nicer snakes here. Even the venomous ones tend to shake rattles at us and run away.

o

• Posted by min3 9N.CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 20:24

Great photo- your visitor looks friendly. We have more snakes around now that it is so much hotter and dryer here in the South Bay. Though they are welcome in my garden, I hope the little tree frogs and lizards are watching out for them. Min

o

Great photo. I had a garter snake living in one of my flower beds for a few years. We'd come home from work and it would be sunning on the drive. We tend to have lots of mice and moles, and probably chipmunks and voles. So, I'm happy to have a snake around. We also have tons of toads, which I bet are food for the snakes as well.

Martha

o

I have a couple little watergardens in my back yard. It attracts northern water snakes. That's okay with me........but I've told them I don't want to see them eating any frogs! I rescued 2 frogs out of their jaws so far........but then I feel bad for the snake. I just never know who to root for!

o

I love snakes, but my wife would move out...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here