Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtgirl_wt

barred owl mystery

dirtgirl
18 years ago

Ok, it's been going on long enough that I am really getting curious! I don't know what is so dang tasty and running about my yard after dark, but the barred owls are leaving feathers nearly every night and I can only guess they are doing this while hunting. I first noticed the feathers while mowing the teeny bit of grass I have, and at first I worried that somebody might have hit one with a vehicle because there were assorted smaller breast feathers and two primaries. I usually save nicer feathers that I come across and these went right into that collection so I know I haven't been coming across the same old feathers over and over. Since this first discovery I usually find two or three every few days, and always in the same area. I wonder what they are after... this is a marshy area with lots of crayfish and small frogs, but the voles, mice, and shrews are usually more plentiful farther back in the woods where it tends to be drier and runs wouldn't flood.

Wish I had one of some of those wonderful night vision goggles...but then I'd be out all night harassing the wildlife! :)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH