Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lellie_gw

Who pooped in the pool???!!!???

lellie
16 years ago

LOL!

I like 'coons (almost) as much as the next person, but why-oh-why must they poop in my pool???

There's a perfectly good canal right there!

Guess I won't go swimmin' today...rats.

Comments (7)

• dakster
    16 years ago

Are you sure it's not a Baby Ruth candy bar?

Sorry..lol..having myself a Caddyshack moment there.

When I worked in the hotel business and there were poops in the pool, we'd call it, "Turtle Races".

• lellie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL!
    Caddyshack...one of my favorites!!!

Turtle Races? *snort!*

• catherinet
    16 years ago

I wonder how those coons do it? Do they lean over the side? Do they take a swim and do it? Coons are just obnoxious enough to do something like that!

• terryr
    16 years ago

Like Cathy said, because they're obnoxious ignorant animals. Around here they live in the sewer. Too think that they would live in a sewer, then hop on in your pool....ick.

• catherinet
    16 years ago

Actually.......they're VERY smart. Maybe its that smartness that drives us nuts. lol! They are just so irritating to me. They are like irritating nerds. lol!
    We used to have a tree that sort of fell down over our creek, and became a bridge for animals to get across the creek on. Then I started seeing piles and piles of poop on it. Guess who?? Maybe its how they mark their territory.

• terryr
    16 years ago

Actually...I've done a lot of reading on the subject. And from what I gather about coons is that they are not intelligent, but rather they act on instinct. I found the quote below and it's what I keep reading over and over

Most zoologists would say that a lot of what appears to be raccoon intelligence is in fact instinct of the same class as that which enables a duck to build a good duck nest, even though she's never seen a nest. Breaking a scent trail by wading in a stream, or climbing a tree and jumping from a low-hanging limb, or running along the top of a narrow fence all appear to be instinctual or innate behavior raccoons are born with. Innate behavior is behavior an animal doesn't have to learn -- it's just information carried in the animal's inherited genetic code..

• Janis_G
    16 years ago

Try cleaning out your gutters after the raccoons have
    visited. What a mess.
    I just had new sod installed out front and they flip it
    over, all the plants I get in the ground by day is pulled
    out of the ground by the next morning. The rocks in the
    creek are moved and tossed around like pebbles.
    Hummingbird feeders are on the ground empty or broken.

I wish I could rent a BIG dog for awhile.:0)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH