Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
viburnum prunifolium Ovazam

Posted by pankhi z7Md (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 18, 05 at 15:51

Does anyone know how well Ovazam fruits compared to the species and do birds like the Ovazam fruits? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: viburnum prunifolium Ovazam

I don't have this blackhaw in the collection (yet), so no firsthand experience, but I'm aware of its attributes.

Lake County Nursery (introducer of 'Ovazam', also trademarked as Ovation) doesn't particularly dwell on this plant's fruiting capacity, so I'd assume it falls into the average for V. prunifolium. As with the rest of the genus, you'll fare better if you have another dissimilar blackhaw to assist with cross-pollination. Blackhaw is a larger plant (like crabapple, redbud, and dogwood) so plan to give it some space.

o

Thank you again Viburnumvalley. I was interested in the Ovazam because of its size. I figured, based on all you have taught me in the past year, I would get 1 true species and 1-2 Ovazams to conserve on space. I just hope that it does produce reasonable fruits.

o

I am considering this as a hedge for privacy from neighbor. Ideally, I would like for this hedge to be 12' tall and 2-3' wide and provide total privacy in the summer. Is this a good choice? Can anyone recommend anything better (Zone 6 - Connecticut).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here