Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grass Carrying Wasps

Posted by Yellowbell 78728 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 05 at 16:28

I have noticed some wasps that carry pieces of dried grass are living in the space between the trim around the door and the siding of the house. Is this bad for the house? Can it cause any damage? I've also seen them go into the opening of the chimes I have hanging. What kind of wasps are these, and do they/can they sting?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grass Carrying Wasps

All wasps can and will sting. Most will only sting if you bother them.

YOu probably have some sort of "leaf cutter" wasp or bee making nests with plant material. Caulk the trim around ALL windows and doors ... the wasp nests are not a problem, but uncaulked cracks let water in and heat out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here