Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Doe in the front yard

Posted by kwilson Z6 KY (kwilson@webmail.bmi.net) on
Thu, Jun 28, 07 at 17:26

I live on the outskirts of the city. Step across my back fence and you're in the county. So I guess I get the best of both. I went out about 4:00a.m. last week to throw out some trash and when I turned around there was the prettiest doe about 15 feet from me just looking at me. Guess she wanted to see what it was like in the city:)
I moved toward her and she just stood there. I finally got her to go between the houses and back to the woods behind the house. Where's a camera when you need one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Doe in the front yard

How nice!

o
RE: Doe in the front yard

That's so neat! We live in Northern CA and in parts of our county deer are present often throughout the year. The first time we ever had them at our house was this last winter. Not sure why, they just came down more for whatever reason. Like you if they stepped into the yard we just chased them back up the mountain. The funny part is one day three does came down, walked through my yard and made a beeline for my Mary Rose rose. Of all the things to choose from she knew what represented dinner! I shooed her away before she could nibble but yes they are just so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here