Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Challenge #2-- Here we go again

Posted by timvid (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 21, 06 at 22:40

OK, I think this one will be a lot easier, but I can't guarantee it. Who can figure out what this is (specifically)? I'll hold off on any clues for a while.

Tim
www.WildlifeTheater.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Challenge #2-- Here we go again

Hibiscus recepticle (after bloom)?

o

Well that wasn't very fun, was it? hellotx, you're too good. Yes, it's the receptacle from the giant blooms on this rose mallow. I'll have to do better next time.

Tim

o

Tim, I posted your first picture on our MG forum and nobody got it. One person identified the part but nobody knew it was Stokes Aster. At least one person grows them and had never "seen" this. It sparked interest in looking much closer at our plants. We tend to look at the plant as a whole or under a microscope for identifying diseases and critters eating them, but not at this level. Thanks!!! (They liked your website, too!)

o

Tim,
Actually it was very fun. I was so excited I actually knew something :). Thank you for posting these. Keep em comin.

o

ok well I knew it was an after flower thing! Does that count? LOL
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here