Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
keep out if you are snake-phobic

Posted by michelle_co z5 CO (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 21, 06 at 22:49

Hi,

I hope my new 4' long friend eats crickets, not whippets (I have a whippet, who probably weighs less than the snake). I didn't know that snakes lap water. She sat under a dripping planter and lapped water for a long while then slithered off.

Lapping water

Hanging out under a planter

Happy Trails,
Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: keep out if you are snake-phobic

that was pure invitation to me! thanks!

o

That is a big snake!
We live in the burbs and never get snakes. The closest we came was a 4' rat snake while hiking, you should have seen the kid run! LOL

Do you know what kind it is?

--Candace

o

What a beautiful animal! Thanks.

o

Nice looking Gopher/Bull snake! We have a 5 year old Gopher snake that was rescued from behind the receptionist's desk where I work when it was hatchling, (there was talk from some of my co-workers about cutting its head off until I intervened). It's now about 3 1/2' long and is very friendly. My daughter named him "Puff" because of the way his sides move in and out when he breathes.

Mike

o

Michelle,

Great looking Gopher/Bull snake! It eats mostly mice, rats, gophers, ground squirrels and poses no threat to pets other than hamsters and gerbils. Mike, kudos on saving the gopher snake from your coworkers!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here