Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heather__michigan

Frightened Momma Duck

Heather__Michigan
17 years ago

I work at a Greenhouse and a couple of ducks have decided to make their nests in the front, beyond the parking lot only a few feet from the VERY busy road. They seem to like the coverage of the Lilies.

One of the Mother ducks was disturbed today when a co-worker was applying a new layer of mulch around the plants where she was nesting. The mulcher (Roland) waved us over, I and another co-worker (Amy) came over to find the eggs) I immediately stepped back and asked, where is Mom? Roland pointed,.. in the parking lot.

Mom was very distressed and frustrated, There were THREE of us around her EGGS! I knew right away to let Momma alone, I went back inside and told Amy to LEAVE HER ALONE. Amy brought it upon herself to try to guide the duck back to her nest by pointing, yelling, and nearly chasing her into the road all the while Momma was yelling back at her and flapping her wings. before she finally flew away.

I was at work for another 3 hours after the incident and didn't see Momma Duck come back,

Do you think Momma will come back to her eggs? How long can eggs be O.K.without Momma Duck sitting on them. I was So MAD!!! At Amy I can't tell you!

Annebelle

Comment (1)