Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
burntplants

Frog home problem

burntplants
17 years ago

THE SITUATION:

I have frogs that live in my side yard. They sing at night. I like them. However, I have to change the side yard and I am worried about destroying their home.

The problem is the A/C. The brush pile is too close (falling over on it!) and it needs to be moved--there is no room there so it's going on the other side of the house. The A/C is not working well becase it is smothered in brush, and it's causing our electric bills to be very high, the lights flicker when it comes on because it has to work so hard, etc. The problem is the brush pile, and it HAS to be moved.

I have lush plantings of cannas, etc next to the fence. My neighbor overwaters, it's a low spot, it's basically a bog garden. I have plans to extend this bed (it's several feet from the A/C) and will be getting bigger the away from the A/C.

THE QUESTION:

Do you think the frogs are in the brush pile, the bog garden (about 6' away), or both?

How can I lessen the impact (on the frogs) of moving the brush pile? (should I do it in stages? all at once? replace it with mulch?)

thank you

Comments (2)