Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elly_nj

Need pictures

Elly_NJ
18 years ago

Hi,

I am trying to put together a powerpoint program about the interrelationship of life in our backyards: bugs, flowers, birds, mammals, etc.

I have some pictures, but I need more. If anyone has any good pictures, I'd appreciate it. The program will be shown in libraries and schools.

I am focusing on northeastern wildlife and ecology, and need pictures of mice, voles, chipmunks, bugs, native flowers, native flowering trees, native trees, backtard habitats, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments (23)

• too_many_pets
    18 years ago

Is this what you're after? Eastern chipmunk in Long Island NWF certified Backyard Habitat.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1348207}}

• Elly_NJ
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes. Perfect. Thank you.

Congratulations on your back yard! I'd love to see that.

They are cute, aren't they?

• vonyon
    18 years ago

Elly: Great idea!! I have pictures of bluebirds and chipping sparrows. If you want one of those, let me know.

• treebeard
    18 years ago

Try the link below...

Here is a link that might be useful: enature.com

• Elly_NJ
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I cannot take pictures of the internet without the permission of the owner.

• gibcats
    18 years ago

I'm in the southeast (NC), but all of these critters can be found where you are too.

{{gwi:431916}}

{{gwi:576641}}

{{gwi:576640}}

{{gwi:576635}}

• vonyon
    18 years ago

Nice pics!!

• gibcats
    18 years ago

Thanks! The wildlife in my backyard is my favorite thing to photograph.

• sarahbn
    18 years ago

Are these okay? {{gwi:992308}}
    {{gwi:1348223}}

Your welcome to use these or any others Sarah

• gibcats
    18 years ago

I especiaaly like your hummingbird pictures. I've not been able to get good pictures of mine. They're so fast!!

• sarahbn
    18 years ago

Thanks gibcats. I love your pictures especially the frogs or are they toads? I've been very lucky this year with a ton of hummers I just stay outside untill they show up. Sarah

• gibcats
    18 years ago

They're frogs. I use to have a lot of toads, but the two largest frogs eat them at every opportunity! I've never had many hummingbirds. I rarely see more than one at a time and not very often, even though I've made a point of planting things they like. What have you planted that they visit the most?

• pianolady
    18 years ago

You can surf through my website and pick some photos out to use. Just email me if you find one you want. I have the original full-size versions of most. There's a link to my email addy at the website at the bottom of each page.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden Photos

• sarahbn
    18 years ago

I've been very lucky with hummingbirds. Their favorite flowers right now are beebalm and cardinal flower in the first three pictures. I have several red buckeyes but theat's when they first arrive and coral honeysuckle lonicera sempervirens also cross vine. they also love salvias salvia greggii splendens and guaranitica. I wish I had frogs but I don't have a pond so they wouldn't be very happy One of these days I would like to make my leaky gutters into a wetland area. Sarah

• Elly_NJ
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you so much! What a neat opportunity to see your back yards!!

Elly

• todancewithwolves
    18 years ago

How fun! I loved all your pictures. Here are a few from Northern California.

Skipper
    {{gwi:1348240}}
    . .
    . Milkweed Bug mating on Milkweed pod
    {{gwi:1348241}}
    . .
    . Common Buckeye laying eggs on Snapdragon
    {{gwi:1348242}}
    . .
    . Painted Lady on Buddelia
    {{gwi:1348243}}
    . .
    . Mantis well camouflaged
    {{gwi:1348247}}
    . .
    . .
    Along our Coast
    Starfish with 14 legs. Caught while feeding on squid.
    {{gwi:1348251}}
    . .
    . .
    Sea Lions sleeping under pier. Notice difference in male & female face.
    {{gwi:1348252}}

• Elly_NJ
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Great pictures!!

• htown
    18 years ago

I absolutely love the pics of the bullfrogs! They are up there on the food chain of lots of ponds. Recenlty I was fishing in a pond and had just reeled a little sunfish in, and as it came up out of the water a big bullfrog came flying out of the water after it!. It jumped about two feet out of the water into the air. I then let the fish flop around in front of it and the frog tried to fit it in it's mouth but it was too big!LOL! I like the starfish too, but all the pics are great.

• paisley_tx
    18 years ago

Sarah - what are those berries from? Look yummmmy to me. ;-)

Elly - if you'd like to look at my online photo album, you can use what you need. Here's some sample pics:

{{gwi:1348260}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My online photo album

• sarahbn
    18 years ago

Paisley they are elderberries (sambuca canadenses)I love your cute lizard an anole? What are your berries mulberry or rasberry or something entirely different? Sarah

• paisley_tx
    18 years ago

Thanks for the berry id Sarah. I have no idea on the lizard - I saw it while out at the Dallas Arboretum. First I'd seen like that in our area. Sure reminds me of an anole though.

Those berries are out at a pond nearby. I truly have no idea on what kind they are, just knew they sure looked tasty! :-) Maybe someone else can id them for me.

• maineflowergirl
    18 years ago

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=1693884
    #2: Dark-eyed junco
    #14 and #15: gardens & frog pond
    #28: nature

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4215945
    #3 and #4: gardens & frog pond

Elly, I live in Strong, Maine, and there are some links above (you will have to copy and paste) to photos I have taken on my property. I listed the number of the albums that have photos you may be able to use. I have an old Sony Mavica digital camera that uses a floppy disk and does not have great resolution, so my photos are not very "crisp" but closeups are usually fine. There are some good ones of some gray tree frogs.

Joan Dawson

• Elly_NJ
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, everyone, for use of these magnificent images. They are wonderful.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH