Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fox den or coyote den?

Posted by ms_minnamouse 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 27, 10 at 11:11

I was wondering how you tell a red fox den from a coyote den? And how do you tell if it's an active den?

I'm hoping I found a coyote den! I think I'm one of the only people who want coyotes around...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fox den or coyote den?

And how do you tell if it's an active den?

lightly dust the entrance with a thin layer of flour in the evening. check the tracks in the morning

o
RE: Fox den or coyote den?

Remember though that the den may have other animals other than fox or coyote such as skunks or snakes so use caution. If you are unable to see the tracks you can also put crumpled paper in front of the den. If the paper is moved and you have not had a heavy wind storm you will know at least something lives there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here