Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unidentified plant

Posted by spoon_bender none (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 4:17

I need help in identifying this plant that I found in my backyard. The photo is of a sprig only, but it was about 8" off the ground. The roots have little bulbs like elongated tiny potatoes and the stems have tiny prickly thorns. I would really appreciate any help letting me know what kind of plant or shrub it is. Thank you. -Ella

ANYBODY, PLEASE?!

This post was edited by spoon_bender on Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 4:17

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unidentified plant

Hi Ella,

You may want to post under "name that plant" forum. You'll need to provide where you live so we can help you. Not sure but it looks like an asparagus fern?
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/namegal/

Nerry

o

Hi Nerry,

You got it! I looked up asparagus fern on the internet and that's exactly what the plant in my backyard looks like! You're awesome! Thank you sooo much! Also thank you for telling me were to post. I'll know next time when I need to ask about a plant. Have a great weekend! -Ella

o

Hello Ella,

You're very welcome! Glad I was able to help you. We have some really terrific experts under the "name your plant" forum. Have a good one!

Nerry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here