Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farndale_gw

Looking for State bird images.

farndale
16 years ago

Hi everyone. I have a big nature site, lots of bird photos and information etc. at the link below. We are trying to find pictures of all the State and Provincial birds to add to the site. If you have any of the following that we could use, we will add a credit to you.

Great Gray Owl, Gyrfalcon, Rock Ptarmigan, Snowy Owl,

Sharp-tailed Grouse, Yellowhammer, Willow Ptarmigan,

California Valley Quail, Lark Bunting, Blue Hen Chicken,

Nene, Western Meadowlark, Black-capped Chickadee,

Baltimore Oriole, Common Loon, Western Meadowlark,

Ruffed Grouse, Rhode Island Red Hen, California Seagull.

You can reach me through the site belows contact link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cyber Nature Inn

Comments (10)

• nestmaster
    16 years ago

Here are some BCCH that you are welcome to use....

Steve

• Diphoto
    13 years ago

Thank you for the images.

• lisa11310
    13 years ago

go to the bird watching forum, there are folks in there with stunning photos of many birds. Post this message there and I am sure you will be pleased with the results!

• Diphoto
    13 years ago

I don't need many now, just a couple of chickens and to be honest, one of those does not exsist, even though it is the State bird.

• maifleur01
    13 years ago

The only two chickens, Blue Hen, and Rhode Island Reds are still alive and well. I not certain which one you are stating does not exsist. Just do a search for State birds and you will find a listing of the birds. Some lists have pictures some do not.

• Diphoto
    13 years ago

The State bird Delaware is not a bird native to NA I have the listing of the birds and do have an image in the web site of nearly all. I looked up Delaware. It states,
    In fact, the "Blue Hen Chicken" is not a recognized breed and its selection as the state bird relates to historical events more than to a natural association of the bird with the state of Delaware.

• maifleur01
    13 years ago

Just because one organization does not recognize a breed does not mean that breed does not exist. Think of all of the dogs that the AKC admits every year or so, if they did not exist they could not be added. As you stated it was named a state bird because of historical events. Historical events happen and just because one person does not consider them important does not mean there is no connection between the event and the breed.

• Diphoto
    13 years ago

I don't have any opinion whether it exists or not only that there are no photograpghs of one and it is trying to be created by a university. That to me means that it is not a very popular selection for a State bird as probably every one living in the State has never seen one.

• maifleur01
    13 years ago

Sorry but where ever or who ever you received your information has done no searching for the chicken or they/you would have found the breed is alive and well in this country. They are not a popular breed but at least at the Minnesota State Fair 3 years ago when I visited they there were several on display.

Perhaps a more open thought process should be reviewed to expand the information data basis is in order. There are millions of things in the universe that people will not accept except on personal experience and study. Just because they are not accepted does not mean that they do not exist. Each day science adds more and more to our information on things that were thought to have vanished or never existed but are just now be rediscovered. I hope you have a good time learning about things in the future.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH