Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this?

Posted by terryr z5a IL (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 10, 10 at 23:37

I don't like to look dumb, but in this case, I can't help it...lol...! This guy, or gal, was on our house late last night. What is it? Frog, toad? None of those? I have not a clue. And why was it on our house? Lots of places to hide in the yard...

Photobucket

TIA,

Terry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this?

Only frogs have the suction cup toes, and only those that are arboreal. I'm not sure which of the treefrogs this might be.

It was probably on your house because it has spied a food source....maybe insects attracted to the lights at night.

o

Looks like a little Tree frog to me. Two years ago, we had a very wet summer and there were tree frogs in the yard (which is an upland lot). Went out one night and found this little guy on the side of the house, catching bugs by the outdoor light. He was so tiny! About the size of a fingernail.

o

Thank you rhizo and terrene!

This one was a little more than an inch. When I think of a tree frog, I think of one like yours terrene. Green. A friends daughter had some in an aquarium and they were all green, so I never thought tree frog for mine.
We've been dry this summer, so this is cool. I hope when there's one there's more!

o

Tree frogs we have change color according to background. We searched our porch by ear once tring to find the little buggers. They were right there under the gray railing, when we removed them and put them on the deck they slowing changed to a brown. Cute little guys BUT loud.

o

That's interesting, laturcotte1. I heard "mine" a few more times, but I never saw him or her. boo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here