Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Forsythia blooming? in fall?

Posted by hornedone 23120 (milanvermes@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Oct 20, 07 at 16:19

Oct 21 and i have shrubs blooming that normal i only bloom in spring.Forsythia is one of them.Parts are in bloom but not the
whole plant.Out of 30 or more bushes i would say 10 are in partial bloom,I keep watering them.There is a bush with very small white flowers on it.Again this bush flowers in spring only.This bush is in partial bloom too.I do not know the name of this bush.I will take some pics and post it for identification.Do any of you have the same going on in Virginia area specifically in Richmond Virginia??Any answers why are spring blooming bushes blooming in the fall ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Forsythia blooming? in fall?

I haven't had it this year, but many times during a mild fall I'll have forsythia and flowering quince get some blooms. It doesn't seem to do any harm to what happens in the spring.

Lori

o

Yeah, I get that every year on my forsythia. Sometimes they get blooms in midwinter during the briefest warm spell.

o

1 month later and they are still blooming,but only the ones that were blooming more then 30 days ago.Last week temperature
in early morning reached 34 F yet they in partial bloom.Not many blooms that is.

o

Ours still had it foliage and some blooms too up until last Sunday when we got 10 inches of snow. Now today, it's 68 degrees and supposed to drop to 35 over night. Crazy weather for sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here