Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What have you turned over to the wildlife?

Posted by squirrel_girl 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 07 at 19:05

This is my first year growing tomatoes. Dozens of cherry toms. are hanging from the vine, green as can be. I was beginning to think I was a dud of a tomato grower and then...

Two turned orange. A few more days to wait. Then, plucked by a cheeky little chipmunk. Cute little buggers left 1/2 for me to find on their favorite log.

I've left the next orange ones for them to enjoy. What have you "turned over" to the wildlife?

Squirrel Girl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What have you turned over to the wildlife?

• Posted by zebz 7-8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 23, 07 at 8:30

Pretty much everything in my yard is fair game for anything that wants it.

We only harvested one tomato this year. The rest are being eaten by something. Something also likes the habanero peppers, which is okay with me because we don't eat them. I grow them because their orange color is so pretty.

o

• Posted by loomis Z5 Western MA (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 24, 07 at 1:06

I watched in amazement as my parsley plant was slowly sucked into the ground by a chipmunk, I presume.

o

I watched as my dill plants were eaten down to just nubs by cute little green and yellow caterpillars. Then i watch as my mom and pop bluebird ate the caterpillars. Flew right onto my patio and nabbed them and then beat them on the patio and swallowed them down. I beleive they were black swallowtail cats. I had been watching them grow. The bluebirds had a nest of babies in my yard at the time so i know they ate well. They had probably been watching them grow too! LOL...
Bonnie

o

Fifty acres on the bayou, about 3/4 wooded, three ponds, and the rest meadow...wildlife is welcome to it all. I bought it just for them. I do live on it, but I take up very little space.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here