Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

Birdhouse invaders

goldenpond
17 years ago

Hi all I have been working on my wildlife habitat just under two years.We built 2 large ponds attatched to a creek. WE removed the invasives( and continue to)added natives and butterfly gardens and are gardening organically. My questions is does anyone know what critter or insect would hold up and close up a bird house entry hole? I have one that is almost completely closed off and a much higher pine birdhouse that looks like bees or yellow jackets are going in and out of. When we first put that one in a squirrel family moved in. What would cause the insects to push them out (not that I need more squirrels) I don't want to get to close or agitate them since Africanized bees have been located in our county(not saying these are).I know they only attack if they fear their hive is under seige but I want to be careful.I do not really see anything go in or out of the other.

Oh and i do have lots of wonderful wildlife now.I couldn't be happier sharing my property with owls, herons, kingfisher, ibis, egrets, anahinga,hawks,osprey,storks,woodpeckers,cardinals blujays, turtles, fish and lots of butterflies,dragonflies and ladybugs.Even the snakes are welome here.

Hope some other wildlife lovers can help me on this. Thanks in Vero Beach !

Comments (7)