Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures from my backyard

Posted by paulsiu (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 23:42

I have been taking pictures of the backyard.

Deer

Cardinal at the feeder

Grey Squirrel at corn feeder

Hawk on the backyard tree

Fox Squirrel with pancake

Mallard Duck from the wetland

Mourning Doves on the Patio

Flock of birds on the patio

Twin blue jays

Red wing black bird and Sparrows

Black eye Junco

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures from my backyard

Nice pictures. Around here the various sparrows and finches band together during the winter. Although the group is composed mostly of sparrows I see lark sparrows and several different types of finches.

Have the gel things that you put on your windows helped with the birds hitting it?

o

• Posted by patann Z5 AnnArborMI (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 23, 09 at 22:41

I've been wondering where our Juncos are. Seems it was just yesterday (spring) when they left. Thank you for the great pictures.

o

In my case, the Junco are still around, but they don't come as often, usually only early in the morning and late in the evening. During the day, I usually get a lone Junco instead of a flock.

The gel things are worked pretty well. I have had a lot of birds flocks fly toward the window and then part before they reach the window. Thought it looks like of silly.

Paul

o

Thank you so much for posting your pics. We don't get the cardinals here in Colorado...yet :) and it's nice to see your naturalized border bringing wildlife to your backyard. I've only seen a flicker, robin, junco and bluejay in the last couple of weeks. Miss all the buzzing of the summer. It's too quiet for me. So thanks again! Paul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wildlife Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here