Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
theponder

I just found this forum

theponder
22 years ago

All the times I have been to the gardenWeb site I never noticed this forum before. I love winter and think it is a great time to show off another aspect of the garden.

Please come visit

http://members.rogers.com/theponder

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1350773}}

Comments (8)

• Lee@A Guide to Northeastern Gardening
    22 years ago

Nice winter photograph! This forum is pretty new and it is a nice thing to have...I agree. It helps to keep the gardening season alive during the cold winter months.

• Bill_zone6
    22 years ago

The grass plants really give structure to your garden. Real nice!

• yeona_sky
    22 years ago

I love winter gardening too. It's almost is like defying the laws of nature to have color, and scent, in my garden on a cold winter's day. My front yard looks a bit like your lovely winter scene. Well the snow part anyway. It has been snowing and sticking for two days now. It probably won't last long. I like the grasses as well, with the combo of the green trees and white snow.
    Yeona

• Bogart
    22 years ago

Wow...snow! I've been trying to remember what it looked like...The newspaper quoted a meteorolgist jesterday saying that in 40 or 50 years all our winters (Toronto and environs) will be like this winter...ie no snow thru December and January, shorts and t-shirt days, perhaps frost at night. I wonder what we will and wont be able to grow then. I wonder if we'll be infested with bugs and diseases that aren't killed off by the cold, like the pine beetle is doing in B.C. this year.

Things to ponder on a cool winter's eve.

• torenia
    22 years ago

Winter is a great time of year. As much as I love gardening it gives us a time to rest, reflect on last season, and review the new seed catalogues for the coming months plantings. I love your use of grasses and expect to be experimenting with them myself. Haven't had snow here this winter so can clearly see the colorful berries on the calicarpas, crabapples, mountain ash, hollies, and hear the rattle of the chinese lanterns hanging on the branches of the goldenraintrees. I'm going to get another cup of tea and watch the downy woodpecker at the suet feeder on the mimosa tree. Enjoy winter!

• rosie
    22 years ago

What a beautiful garden with all that lovely sparkling snow! We've had six inches at one time this winter that was mostly gone two days later but exquisite while it was there. Welcome.

• ames
    22 years ago

I love that photo ... I had the same experience this morning when I backed out of my driveway .. we had a light dusting of snow, and suddenly, my bland, boring winter yard was transformed!

• Leeander5
    22 years ago

Thanks for sharing the photo. It is snowing here in west central Illinois, heavy wet stuff. This is the kind that coats every branch and limb. I'll take photos later to send
    to folks in those wretched warm places, can't understand how they can miss this beauty.

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21